I must confess, there is a certain sense of pride from using up a product completely and knowing you got your money’s worth. So I’m back again with my makeup empties! As I’m sure you all know, makeup is sooo much harder to get through than body care.
- Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation- This is my absolute holy grail! This foundation really gives my skin a flawless finish, and is recommended by dermatologists because it helps acne (seriously, it really helps me stay away from breakouts and covers them pretty well) and is very full coverage. It barely fades after a day of walking in the insane humidity on campus. The only downside is the price; at $36 it’s not cheap, but lasts me around 4-5 months of daily use. Repurchase? Every time! Already have a bottle and a back up!
- Revo Pumpkin Spice chapstick- This is the EOS knockoff that I like a lot better. It moisturizes my lips really well, but the only downside is the scent. It comes in several varieties to choose from. Be warned they are so strong so choose wisely. It honestly smelled like I was smearing a candle on my lips. Repurchase? Already did in a different flavor.
- Rimmel Stay Matte foundation- I loved the coverage this foundation gave for days when I was just going to class and didn’t need the flawless look Estee Lauder’s Doublewear provides. My only complaint is that half way through the tube it started to look a little orange. However, I’m surrounded by awful lighting all day at school, so it could just be that. Repurchase? Yes!! I’m currently trying out the Tarte Amazonian Clay and It Cosmetics foundations, but I would like to have this on hand.
- EOS limited edition Rachel Roy- I’ve never loved EOS unless it’s in the mint scent. For some reason that flavor is more moisturizing. I bought this a year ago and just wanted to finish it. For some reason it molded around the edges, so I didn’t finish the entire thing. Don’t leave this sitting in your room too long, otherwise it will go bad like mine. Repurchase? No thanks, I’ll pass.
- Covergirl Orange Mascara- I know I used to love this, but I think I might have just gotten a bad tube. It didn’t provide any volume and barely any length. Also, it seemed half full because I finished it in 2 months and mascara normally lasts me anywhere from 3-4. Repurchase? I think I will give this formula a break for awhile. I’ve since found better drug store options.
- Stila mascara- This mascara came in a kit from Nordstorm’s Rack and is awesome! It really brought volume and length to my lashes. I was sad to see it go. Repurchase? Yes, if I ever come across it again.
- Wet and Wild Mega Volume mascara-I loved this mascara for the $1.99 price tag. I found it on sale at Walgreens and thought it was worth a try. It gives great length, but not a lot of volume. If you like to layer mascaras this would be a great budget friendly option. Repurchase? Maybe once I get through the 6 other mascaras I have right now.
- Covergirl Supersizer- I love this mascara! It gives me insane length and volume and comes off pretty easily with makeup remover. The MAJOR downside is the flaking. Towards the end of the day I inevitably have to take off my makeup because the flakes get in my eyes. Repurchase? Yes, I already have.